As Thanksgiving fast approaches this month we thought it would be good to include an article about being grateful. Cultivating an attitude of gratitude in one’s daily life is a great way to find peace, contentment and joy in the everyday. It’s easy to get stuck on where we may be in life and feeling like we aren’t yet to where we want to be. It is okay to want more and to strive to be better but don’t wait to be grateful until you think everything in life is just where it should be.
We need to be happy and grateful in the moment, right now wherever you are at is exactly the right time to be happy and grateful for the life you have. As the holiday season approaches it is a good time to remember all our blessings and all the things in life we have to be grateful for.. So let’s be happy and grateful now, in this moment, before it passes us by.
Here is a list of 5 ways to be more grateful this month and year round:
1. Take 5 - I love this strategy of taking 5. Take just a few minutes, and think of 5 things your grateful for. I remind myself to do this when I’m being particularly crabby or even when I’m frustrated. This practice helps me reframe my mind, so I much more able to face whatever situation I’m in.
2. Write It Down - This is another one I can do in a pinch, and let’s be honest, sometimes I just need the concrete act of writing something down. So, like with Take 5, I’ll stop what it is I’m doing and write down at least 2-3 things I’m grateful for in that moment. This one is great for me because I am a writer, so it really works to draw me back into the right attitude.
3. Send a Note - I don’t do this one nearly enough, but one of my favorite ways to express gratitude is to send a note to someone around me. Whether it’s sharing a line to say how this person has brightened my day or just sending a happy note, writing a note is a great way to show some gratitude. Just see if you don’t feel happier after writing a nice note to someone you care about.
4. Do a Favor - This is another fun one, but it typically takes a little more planning. In any case, it’s the perfect way to “get out of a funk” and get back on track with your attitude. Take 10 or 15 minutes, and ask a neighbor or friend if there is something you can help them with. You’ll feel better and so will the person you’ve helped.
5. Say Thank You - That’s right. Just say “thank you.” This single act is one of the fastest, easiest ways you can express gratitude. Whether someone has held the door for you or simply shared a story with you that has brightened your day, take a moment to say thank you and express your gratitude.
I have days that being grateful is difficult more often than I’d like to admit. But, with these tips, I reframe my attitude and refocus quickly and easily. Join me in being more grateful!
How do you show gratitude? How do you refocus your attitude when you’re having a tough day?
For more please visit: http://living-contently.com/5-ways-to-be-more-grateful/
Refer a new client to Brilliant Bodywork and they will receive 20% off their first visit, and a FREE gift!
As a way to thank you for your support and referrals, we'd like to reward you with FREE spa dollars. The more your new friend spends at their first visit, the more spa dollars you will earn - there is no limit!
Make your appointments online - at your convenience.
Plus, get 5% off your next visit when you pre-book, and get 10% off your next visit for liking us on Facebook.
Please note: If this is your first visit to our spa, please call us to schedule your appointment.
To purchase a gift certificate, call 608-783-8380 to arrange a time when you may pick it up, or click the Buy Now button below to pay online and have it shipped to you or to the gift card recipient.
We'll have it in the mail for you the same day!
Sign up for the Brilliant Bodywork e-newsletter to receive monthly special offers, news, and birthday and anniversary specials.
Did you know that Brilliant Bodywork offers a monthly facial and/or monthly massage membership? Call 608-783-8380 today for more information.