This for That: Small Changes Make a Big Impact
If you’re looking to feel better and healthier, a great place to start is with your plate. Here is an easy way to make small changes that can have a big impact.
Making healthy swaps is a great step to a healthier, happier you.
- Swap out condiments for spices.
- Swap out chocolate chips for cacao nibs when making cookies, cakes and breads.
- Swap out pasta for spaghetti squash.
- Swap out sour cream for non-fat greek yogurt.
- Swap out white rice for quinoa.
- Swap out canola oil for non-fat greek yogurt.
- Swap out white flour for black bean puree when baking brownies.
- Swap out tortillas for lettuce leaves.
- Swap out mayonnaise for mashed avocado.
- Swap out sugar for unsweetened applesauce when baking.
- Swap out croutons for walnuts as a crunchy salad topping.
- Swap out pizza dough for mashed cauliflower when making homemade pizzas.
- Swap out breadcrumbs for rolled oats when making meatballs, meatloaf and other breaded toppings.