Warm Up With Infrared Therapy
Infrared therapies are an effective, relaxing and enjoyable way to achieve a variety of results and benefits. Here at Brilliant Bodywork we offer two different treatments that utilize infrared heat technology, the far infrared sauna and the infra-slim body contouring wrap. Infrared heat offers multiple health benefits for the user. Some of these benefits include relieving muscle and joint pains, boost immune system, improve skin texture, increase fluid circulation, reduce stress and fatigue, improve metabolism, and remove toxins from the body.
Let's look more closely at the specific benefits of each infrared treatment. The Far Infrared Sauna is available at Brilliant Bodywork and can hold two people per session. The sauna has many benefits including warming you up on a cold winter day, Here are some of the benefits of the infrared sauna:
- Weight Loss - Infrared saunas are unique in their ability to burn calories and can burn up to 600 calories in a 30 minute session! As your body works to cool itself your heart rate and metabolic rate increase and there is an increase in cardiac output which in turn causes the body to burn more calories.
- Detoxification - Our bodies use sweat as a means to naturally eliminate toxins. That makes sweating a crucial part of the detoxification process. Infrared saunas also allow you to eliminate up to seven more times the amount of toxins than in a traditional sauna.
- Improved Circulation - The heat from the infrared sauna heats up the muscles causing a similar increase in blood flow to when you exercise. This increase in blood flow improves the circulation throughout the body.
- Decreased Inflammatory Pain - Muscle aches and joint pain are no match for the sweet heat relief of the infrared sauna. The increase in circulation and relaxing of the muscles helps to relieve the body of this type of inflammation and the pain it can cause.
- Relaxation- This type of therapy promotes relaxation by helping to balance the body's level of cortisol, which is the body's primary stress hormone. The heat also helps to relax muscles, relieve tension, and warm the body. This allows the body and mind to relax and de-stress.
- Lower Blood Pressure - The warmth of the sauna creates a deep sweat from the user, this in turn gets the heart pumping faster, increasing the blood flow, and lowering blood pressure. Clinical research shows using the infrared sauna can cause a significant reduction in systolic and diastolic blood pressure, key factors in maintaining a healthy heart. By using the infrared sauna just a few times a week you can help maintain a healthy level of blood pressure and a happy heart.
- Cell Health, Muscle Recovery and Immunity - The heat from the sauna stimulates the circulatory system, causing the heart to beat harder and the blood vessels to dilate, this helps cleanse the circulatory system and more fully oxygenate the body's cells. The increased circulation also means more toxins will flow from the cellular level up to the surface of the skin improving cell health, aiding in muscle recovery and helping to strengthen the immune system.
- Room For Two - The Infrared Sauna at Brilliant Bodywork has plenty of room for two people to enjoy the relaxation and benefits of the sauna together. A lot of our couples will schedule a infrared sauna therapy session either before or after having a couples massage, this is a great way to enjoy an intimate, relaxing day together. Also we have friends book together and they will enjoy the sauna and each others company. If you don't want company than you can use the extra space to stretch out your legs and melt into the warmth of the sauna.
Infra-Slim Body Contouring System
Another great option for experiencing the benefits and relaxation of infrared therapy is using the infra-slim body contouring system. With the infra-slim system you can lose fat and inches fast using two fat reducing therapies, infrared heat and pressure therapy.
The way the infra-slim works is through using the infrared heat which studies show penetrates the body about 1 1/2 inches quickly and painlessly. Once the infrared heat has penetrated the body it heats the fat cells causing them to expand and open expelling fat and toxins. This process is known as lipolysis. When the fat cells shrink back they leave a flatter waist, tummy, thighs, buttocks, and arms.
The second part of the process is the pressure therapy, as the infrared heat penetrates the body targeting the fat cells the steady pressure therapy works to transport the fat and toxins into the lymphatic system and to the liver where they are metabolized and discharged through sweat, bodily functions and other forms of detoxification in the body. Here are some of the benefits of the infra-slim therapy:
- Improved Circulation - Because the infra-slim uses infrared heat in its system you will have some similar benefits as the infrared sauna. Increased circulation is caused by the heating up of the muscles which mimics the same kind of increase in blood flow to when you exercise. This also helps to reduce edema.
- Detoxification - The infra-slim process of infrared heat and pressure therapy works to detoxify the body.
- Inch Loss - Studies have shown that a reduction of 1-3 inches in the waistline is possible in as little as 1-2 sessions. Possibility of 3-5 inches lost in only 3 sessions!
- Reduction of Cellulite- Cellulite is caused by toxins trapped between the skin and the fatty tissues, when the infra-slim works to detoxify the body it helps to reduce the appearance of cellulite.
- Relaxation- The warmth of the infrared heat relaxes muscles, warms the body and relieves tensions while the while the pressure therapy simulates the feeling of massage.
Infrared therapy provides multiple benefits while the user is able to relax and enjoy the service. It is amazing the amount of benefits that this one therapy can provide when utilized in different ways. Whether you are looking to just relax, lose inches, detox, burn calories, lower blood pressure and jump start your immune system or more, the infrared therapies at Brilliant Bodywork have you covered. Call us today to schedule your time in our infrared sauna or to have a infra-slim session and experience the benefits yourself.